This workshop constitutes Part 1 of a two-part workshop designed for PhD supervisors to better handle the qualifier interviews.
The objectives of the Part 1 workshop are:
- to share best practices;
- to share (and to know how to develop) objective criteria;
- to gain insight into why “ticking boxes” doesn’t work, but rather that the qualification should be seen as a multi-dimensional figure with minimum requirements on different axes;
- to discuss the question: should all candidates have the same criteria, or are different criteria possible, for example growth criteria next to “hard” criteria after 6-9 months?
- What do you encounter when your qualifier conclusion is “insufficient”?
- Developing criteria, SMART yes or no?
- Exchange of best practices.
- Turning doubts into a feasible improvement plan.
- What’s next? Ideas for broader implementation in your faculty.
Once you finish this workshop, you have the option to register in the follow-up workshop ‘Reactions on feedback and on a negative qualifier outcome’.