Are you a speaker of English who is often asked to repeat what they say or who generally feels they are not understood as well as they would like to? You may speak too fast and/or too softly because you lack confidence. The less confident you are, the less clearly you tend to speak…
During the online English Pronunciation Training course (PT) you will improve your speaking skills by applying basic pronunciation techniques using various hands-on tools. This 1:1 PT coaching trajectory comprising 6 online lessons of 1 hour each will enable you to express yourself better, speak more fluently and more efficiently when
- talking to your supervisors, students and/or colleagues
- presenting your research proposal(s) and/or results
- discussing any questions about your topic
- taking part in (online) meetings
- socialising in your daily life outside of the campus
To get the most out of your PT coaching you will
- complete a questionnaire about your English speaking skills and pronunciation in particular
- record yourself on your phone
- introducing yourself by means of an elevator pitch
- reading out loud 10 academic key words
Your pronunciation coach will assess your questionnaire and recordings carefully and personally feed you back on them. Upon completing your PT coaching she will advise you on how to continue.
You will follow the PELI approach and will be
- Participating in a personalised training course,
- Enjoying yourself improving your English pronunciation
- Learning by
- Implementing and integrating your new skills.
You can register for the first coaching session by selecting the timeslots that suit you (see Course Details & Planning).
Doing engaging, tailor-made self-study activities (approx. 2 hours per week) will bring you closer to achieving your own individual pronunciation goals.