Negotiating according to the Harvard Principles
- Learn the art of negotiating: finding solutions in the interest of the organization with parties with shared but also conflicting interests: win-win situations.
- Turn differences of opinion and potential conflicts into results that benefit all parties.
- Maintain a good relationship with the board, while also standing up for the interests of the staff and students you represent.
- A standard method of negotiation has been developed at Harvard University based on 4 principles. This training teaches you the basics of this world famous method.
- The four rules of ‘Interest Based Negotiation’
- Preparing Negotiations
- Applying negotiation skills in participatory bodies
- Practical exercise
All UT courses are offered in English. Unless all participants who registered for the course have Dutch as their first language.
In addition to the central training offer, tailor-made training courses are also possible for each council and is also possible together with the board /director. Information can be found on the website of the University Council https://www.utwente.nl/nl/uraad/tailormadecoursesparticipation/