This course will provide participants with a basic knowledge of Dutch (CEF-level of A1). Participants receive a certificate after full attendance and if the portfolio they created during the course is evaluated positively.
This intensive course is an introduction to Dutch language. It covers reading, listening, writing and speaking. Participants will also learn more about Dutch culture and society and an excursion to the Rijksmuseum Twenthe. Next to the lessons there is homework support available.
Translated in terms of the Common European Framework for modern foreign languages (CEF), this means that at the end of this course, participants:
- Can understand and use familiar every-day expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- 55 hrs. of lessons and study guidance (10 days in two weeks)
- Participants are expected to invest approximately 3 hrs. per lesson day on self-study
Open entry. Participants are not expected to have any prior knowledge of Dutch. Knowledge of English (language of instruction) with an approximate level of B1 is required.