Tuesday 27 June 2017
Time and Place
9.00 - 17.00 in building Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 25 participants
Aya van den Kroonenberg, senior trainer of Yellow Research and Telma Esteves, ERC grants advisor at the UT EU-Office.
Course materials will be provided during the training.
Excellent researchers (2-12 years after promotion) with an excellent idea for frontier research, who consider applying for an ERC Starting Independent Researcher grant.
Detailed knowledge on how to write an ERC Starting or Consolidator Grant Preparation.
What is ground-braking challenging FRONTIER research?
- What constitutes an excellent young researcher?
- Writing a ERC Starting or Consolidator Grant proposal;
- Evaluation Procedure;
- From high-gain/high-risk idea to challenging proposal;
- Demonstrating feasibility;
- Writing outstanding personal track records;
- Support from University of Twente (EU-Office).
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Two course days:
- Day 1: training before you write your proposal
- Day 2: feedback on your proposal
If you reach the second round: Interview training. The study load for this course is roughly equivalent to 0,5 ECTS.
Participants have to submit their CV as a PDF-file, two weeks prior to the course, to firstname.lastname@example.org.