Wednesday 19 September 2018, Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 12 participants
Jan Pieter Weening, experienced trainer f.e. at the RUG, van Weening Consult en Training.
The course contents are closely related to those in the book Project Management for PhDs by Jeanine de Bruin and Brigitte Hertz. You do not need this book for the course, but we do offer course participants a (free) copy of the book as a reference.
For first and/or second year PhD’s
- The goal of the course is to become acquainted with several elements of project management.
- At the end of the course you will have a solid grasp of the scope of your project and possible pitfalls.
- Managing your PhD project will become a lot easier.
- Introduction and exchanging experiences
- The basics of project management
- Time management and project planning
- Communication and influencing
- Plotting the forces around your project/ Managing your supervisor
- Risk analysis
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
The study load for this course is roughly equivalent to 0,5 ECTS.