Tuesday 9 and 30 October 2018
Time and Place
9.00 - 17.00 p.m. in building Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 12 participants
Karin Brugman, senior trainer het Balkon, education centre in Vasse.
Course materials will be provided during the training.
Employees from MBO level who want to improve their communication skills. You want to convey your message more efficiently and better deal with difficult callers. You also want to understand what is happening in the communication between you and your colleagues, both in individual conversations and during meetings. Also, you want to learn to ask and give feedback without compromising relationships with others.
At the end of the course:
● You have more insight into how you communicate yourself;
● You know how effective communication is
● Have practiced 'Communicate more effectively', including feedback and receiving feedback.
Communication in groups (departmental discussions, meetings, project groups and the like):
● Listen below the surface of the content;
● observing communication patterns in groups;
● effective communicative performance in groups;
● deal with troublesome conversational situations in groups.
Communication in one-on-one situations (colleagues, students, managers, etc.):
● listen, summarize, interrogate, also undercurrent in communication;
● Dare to address behavior: Give feedback and receive feedback;
● handle cumbersome conversations and conversation partners effectively.
Two full days (total 16 hours), including lunch: 0,5 ECTS.
Presence on both days is necessary.