5, 6, 7 September. 3 days from 9.30-17.00
Plus one bootcamp:
Academic Publishing bootcamp on 1, 2, 3 October
or Academic Presentation bootcamp on 24 October and 12, 13, 14 November
or Academic Publishing bootcamp on: 28, 29, 30 November
and refresher day on We 26 September, or Th 18 October, or Th 22 November
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 30 participants.
TCP qualified teachers
Will be provided before and during the training.
Second-year or more advanced PhD-candidates from UT.
The Coaching Bootcamp is specifically designed to provide participants with the skills to coach students and PhD-candidates in academic writing and presenting. These skills are crucial for a successful career in an academic environment.
Specific learning outcomes are:
- Being able to give effective feedback on writing and presenting tasks
- Communicating effectively and respectfully
- Awareness of intercultural differences
- To gain further knowledge about the academic publishing process, academic writing and editing
- To further develop the participants own general presentation skills
- Specific knowledge about introducing yourself, a research pitch, and presenting at a conference
- Giving feedback
- Communication skills
- Intercultural communication
- Collaborating effectively
- Academic writing skills
- Knowledge about the publishing process
- Editing skills
- Presentation skills
- Poster presentations
- Introducing yourself
- Research pitch
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Participants are required to attend all three days of the Coaching Bootcamp and coach an entire three-day bootcamp for first-year PhD-candidates. The Coaching Bootcamp takes place during three consecutive whole days. Prior to serving as a coach during the first-year PhD-candidate bootcamps, a half-day refresher meeting will be scheduled. This will amount to a total of 6,5 days of on-site activities. In addition to these activities, self-study, preparation and reflection time will be required. The total time investment amounts to 5 ECTS.
English language proficiency at level CEF B2 or higher (Common European Framework) is required.