20 November 2018
Time and Place
9.00-12.30 in Drienerburght
This training will be paid from central funds. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum of 50 participants.
LISA qualified teachers
Online course in Canvas as mandatory preparation for this session during two weeks before the date mentioned above.
First-year PhD-candidates from UT.
At the end of this course you will
- be able to write a data management plan (DMP)
- be aware of and informed about management of data for verification and reuse
- be aware of and informed about the value of research data as scientific output of your research
- be aware of and informed about legal and ethical issues in the handling of research data
The course consists of the following parts:
- Online course on how to compose a DMP combined with writing the first draft of your own DMP
- Half-day interactive session aimed at reviewing first draft of the DMP, sharing experiences on data handling and providing additional information about policies, procedures and best practices.
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Online course and writing of first draft of DMP: 9 hours
Interactive session: 4 hours
Revising draft DMP: 1 hour
Total: 14 hours (0,5 ECTS)
English language proficiency at level CEF B2 or higher (Common European Framework) is required.