Pre-requirements of the Master Thesis COM
To be able to start with the Master Thesis COM, and thus to be assigned to a tutor, following (minimal) pre-requirements have to be met:
- Admission to the Master COM by means of a completed bachelor COM, pre-master COM or else obtained bachelor degree, upon which a direct admittance to the master programme COM is granted.
- Dependent on your moment of enrolment in the master programme following obligatory pre-requirements apply:
a.Students who started their master in (or prior) to February 2014:
- Essentials course (10 EC) + two elective courses (10 EC)
b.Students who started their master in (or after) September 2014:
- Essentials (5EC) + two elective courses (10EC)
- In all cases the course of Research Topics is not an obligatory, but though highly recommended pre-requirement, before starting your master thesis.
Enrolment / registration for the Master Thesis COM
Note: As of April 2015, student registration in the Student Mobility System (SMS) is no longer required.
In order to register yourself to start with the Master Thesis, you need to send a research proposal to the thesis coordinator (Mark Tempelman, firstname.lastname@example.org) , based on which supervision can be assigned. Your research proposal therefore basically is your “graduation contract” or “learning agreement”.
The thesis coordinator will send a confirmation of the assigned supervisor by e-mail and that completes the registration procedure.