- In which cases will the IND be reported?
• when you no longer study full-time;
• when you no longer appear on the UT;
• when you have stopped before the planned end date / have completed the program /
when you have deregistered;
• if you don’t have sufficient means of existence at the beginning of a new academic
• when you come to study at the UT and already have a residence permit for study;
• when you no longer come to the Netherlands or have left the Netherlands (except
for studying abroad from the UT).
• if you have not completed the preparatory year successfully (100%) withing the maximum of 12 month or you're not enrolled and admitted for a master programme before the ending of this 12 month period. The 12 month period can not be extended (IND rule).
The VISA department will notify the IND. It is up to the IND to determine what to decide in response to the notification of the UT, but in most cases the IND will withdraw the residence permit.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- When am I excusable? / When can the notification to the IND be omitted?
The notification to the IND can only be omitted if you have insufficient study progress due to a recognized personal circumstance. The CPO assesses whether the reason can be recognized. In a consecutive period of sponsor, the notification to the IND can only be omitted if you have insufficient study progress due to a recognized personal circumstance that hasn’t been used previously to omit a notification.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- Despite my personal circumstances, the UT will report to the IND about my insufficient study progress, what now?
You can’t continue your study at the UT.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- Can I continue studying at another university if I have insufficient study progress?
If you have insufficient study progress without a justified reason, you can’t continue your study at the UT. However, you may continue your study at another educational institution as long as the residence permit is still valid and hasn’t been withdrawn.
When you’re going to study at another educational institution, you must inform the IND that this institution will become your new sponsor. The educational institution must be recognized as a sponsor by the IND. You must also inform the UT about your transfer as soon as reasonably possible. If your residence permit has been withdrawn, you will have to leave the Netherlands. You can then re-enter the process for a new study visa to study at the UT again.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- How can I continue studying at the UT?
If you have insufficient study progress without a recognized personal circumstance, you can’t continue your study at the UT. If you want to restart your programme or start another programme at the UT the next acacdemic year, you must first go to your home country. From there you can enroll for the programme next academic year (start in September). Please note that you must apply for a new visa and submit your enrollment before May 1st to be able to (re)start your study in September. Also note that you can not re-enroll for the next three years if you are a first year Bachelor's student with a negative binding recommendation (BSA).This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- Who can object to a decision by the IND?
Both you and the UT have the right to object to a decision by the IND, for example when rejecting the application or withdrawing a permit. In most cases, the UT (often on behalf of the student) submits an objection against the IND, for example against the rejection of an application. If the residence permit is to be withdrawn after a notification by the UT, the student must submit the objection.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback
- What is the procedure after a notification/report of the UT?
After the UT has report your insufficient study progress to the IND, the UT and the IND will confront you with the intention to withdraw the residence permit. Usually the IND gives you time to find another sponsor. If you haven’t registered with another educational institution, your residence permit will be withdrawn.This answers my question.Thank you for your feedback