Financial support is possible in case of study delay due to certain specific circumstances.
The Force Majeure Allowance Regulation is part of the FOBOS (Financial Support for Special Circumstances of Students). The Personal Circumstances Committee (CPO) will assess your application on behalf of the Executive Board. In case of questions, please contact the CPO registry or a student counsellor.
- The regulation FOBOS September 2021 is applicable
- Only full-time enrolled students are eligible
- Support is only for recognized circumstances during the compensation period (standard course duration plus 1 extension year, also known as C+1 period) of your bachelor's and/or master's programme
- The compensation period starts from your first moment of enrolment in Higher Education.
- Pre-master students are only eligible for this regulation in case of a recognized insufficient feasible educational programme
- Submit your application within 3 months after your circumstances have ended, or if applicable earlier, in the last month of your C+1 period or registration.
- You must notify your study advisor as soon as your circumstances occur and notify the student counsellor within 3 months from the moment you are lagging behind
- Extension of UTS/OTS grant is sometimes possible when a force majeure allowance is established
- The amount of a month's force majeure allowance is equal to a one-month average tuition fee in the recognised period
- You can receive max 24 months of support (up to max € 8,000)
- The application should be supported with evidence, which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dealing with problems with a part (module, course, semester) of your educational programme or with your internship or thesis, you need to notify your programme director and study adviser or a student counsellor a.s.a.p. If, however, it has caused study delay, you may be eligible for a Force Majeure Allowance. See the regulation FOBOS, Force Majeure Allowance Regulation (art. 3.) for the application procedure.