This guide describes the procedure of applying for facilities and regulations for students with personal circumstances that affect their study.
- Report your personal circumstances. Prospective students can also use the online form to disclose personal circumstances. Disclosure is necessary if you want to use the facilities and arrangements.
- Make an appointment with your study adviser if you want to request a facility.
- In case of (threatening) study delay due to personal circumstances make an appointment with the study adviser of your programme as soon as possible.
- Discuss the consequences for your study planning and the possibilities for study progress with the study adviser.
- Discuss financial implications and additional support with the student counsellor.
- An intake with the study adviser of your educational programme follows.
- Indicate what limitations you experience based on your experiences so far and what the consequences are.
- Indicate what support, facilities or adjustments you desire.
- If intensive support is needed make an appointment for an exploratory discussion at least 6 months before the start of your studies. This includes facilities regarding the accessibility of buildings.
An official statement is required to justify your application for facilities and regulations for personal reasons:
- for medical reasons: a medical certificate from a GP.
- in case of dyslexia: a dyslexia statement signed by a psychologist or remedial education specialist.
Submit your statement of evidence to the student adviser of your programme.
If you apply for a (financial) regulation during your studies, the statement will have to be submitted during the application.
(we use the criteria of Stichting Dyslexie Nederland (Dutch) )
- Discuss with the study adviser the feasibility of the education you wish to follow, and which facilities and adjustments are possible, necessary and effective.
- The study adviser will advise and assist you in applying for educational adjustments and/or examination facilities. Upon your request for facilities, the study adviser decides on behalf of the faculty dean for how long and for what provision you qualify.
- The Examination Board will assess your request for changes in your education (customization).
- A decision is issued: you get the facility/adjustment or a rejection. If your request is rejected, you have the right to appeal.
- The examination office regulates the practical organization of your assigned examination facilities.
- Usually, a facility is issued for one academic year.
- You must apply for a new request every year.
- If your situation changes, report it to your study advisor, for example in case of study delay or new problems.