- Report your personal circumstances. This is necessary if you want to use the facilities and arrangements.
- Make an appointment with your study advisor if you want to request a facility.
- In case of (threatening) study delay due to personal circumstances make an appointment with the study adviser of your programme as soon as possible.
- Discuss the consequences for your study planning and the possibilities for study progress.
- Discuss financial implications and additional support with the student counsellor.
- An intake with the study adviser of your educational programme follows.
- Indicate what limitations you experience based on your experiences so far and what the consequences are.
- Indicate what support, facilities or adjustments you desire.
- If intensive support is needed make an appointment for an exploratory discussion at least 6 months before the start of your studies. This includes facilities regarding accessibility of buildings.
A statement is required to justify your application for facilities and regulations for personal reasons:
- for medical reasons: a medical certificate from a doctor
- in case of dyslexia: a dyslexia statement signed by a psychologist or remedial
(we use the criteria of Stichting Dyslexie Nederland (Dutch) )
- Discuss with the study adviser the feasibility of the education you wish to follow and which facilities and adjustments are possible, necessary and effective.
- The study adviser will advise and assist you in applying for educational adjustments and / or examination facilities. Upon your request for facilities the study advisor decides on behalf of the faculty dean for how long and for what provision you qualify.
- The Examination Board will assess your request for changes in your education (customization).
- A decision is issued: you get the facility/adjustment or a rejection. If your request is rejected, you have the right to appeal.
- The examination bureau regulates practical organization of your assigned examination facilities.
- Usually a facility is issued for one academic year.
- You have to apply for a new request every year.
- If your situation changes, report it to your study advisor, for example in case of study delay or new problems.