1. The UT Language Centre supports the language learning needs of everyone at the University of Twente.
2. People from outside the University of Twente are allowed to participate in our language courses for UT staff under certain conditions.
3. Registration is always online and course or administration fees are payable at the time of registration.
4. Incomplete registrations will not be processed.
5. If due payment has not been received within 2 days of your registration your registration will be cancelled.
6. Registration closes automatically 7 days before the start of a course. If a course is fully booked, it will still be possible to register; however, your name will be placed on a waiting list. If a place becomes available, you will be automatically enrolled in the course and will be informed accordingly. You will then receive a confirmation mail with the link for payment. Please note: being on a waiting list does not guarantee a place in the course nor in any other courses.
7. Registrations will be confirmed by e-mail.
8. Admission to a particular course is only granted when you have fulfilled all registration and administration requirements. Registration requirements may consist of a pretest or an intake.
9. If you are admitted into a course you will receive an invitation for the first lesson shortly before the start of the course.
10. The UT Language Centre may refuse a candidate admission to a course if the teacher deems that course unsuitable for the candidate. This will be decided no later than after the second lesson.
11. Each course has a minimum and a maximum number of participants stated in the course description. In case of insufficient participants, the UT Language Centre may cancel the course. In the case of a cancellation, fees already paid will be reimbursed.
12. If due to unforeseen circumstances, such as sudden illness of the teacher, the UT Language Centre needs to cancel a course, you will be informed by e-mail.
13. Teaching materials are included in the course. In case of loss the participant is held responsible for the purchase of a new copy.
Cancellation by the participant
14. Cancellation by the course participant is possible only before registration closes and no later than 7 days before the start of the course. Candidates should contact the UT Language Centre in writing, stating full personal and course details. Administration fees already paid will not be reimbursed. Course fees already paid will be reimbursed.
15. Cancellation by the course participant after registration has closed may lead to a refund of course fees, but only in the case of pressing personal circumstances, such as hospital admission. In such situations a request for a refund can be made in writing, stating relevant personal and course details.
16. A certificate of attendance will be issued to those course participants who actively attended at least 75% of the lessons and completed 75% of the self-study assignments.
17. The certificates we issue are certificates of attendance in a course that is taught at a given Common European Framework (CEF) level. The certificate does not indicate that the participant has attained the equivalent level of a Cambridge, IELTS or TOEFL examination.
18. The certificate contains details of: the course participant, the course title, the study load involved and the level, expressed in norms derived from the Common European Framework. The personal details of the course participant which appear on the certificate will be those details provided by the participant on their registration form.