In this three-hour workshop, you will learn how to use an academic tone in your writing. The workshop will cover several aspects of academic tone, including the differences between formal and informal writing. You will learn how to identify and avoid language that is too informal to be used in an academic context. You will also learn new methods for building your academic vocabulary.
- formality in academic English
- how to find and use academic vocabulary
- how to use technical, field-specific terms and jargon
- sentence structure in academic writing
- when to use complex sentences
- when to use active and passive voice
- when to use personal pronouns
This workshop consists of one evening session of three hours, 18:00 - 21:00.