JobTeaser for students
Our online portal for job offers, internships, career events and more
  • You need to apply for the orientation year in the Netherlands yourself.
  • Go to the website of the IND to find all the information you need, as well as the actual application form Application for the purpose of residence looking for work and carrying out work whether or not as an employee.
  • For more information, you can also visit the website of Nuffic and the website of IND

Apply while in the Netherlands: hand in your diploma

You will need to hand in a copy of your UT Bachelor's or Master's diploma. You can have a certified copy made at the information desk of the Student Services Desk at the UT. Make sure to bring your original diploma.

If you have not yet received your diploma when you visit the IND, you need to submit an IND appendix called Statement on completion of study. This is a declaration of graduation. The form has to be filled out by you and the Student Administration of the UT. You can find this form here.

Apply while being abroad

If you’re living abroad and your previous residence permit has expired, you will need to start the procedure for Entry and Residence. In this procedure you apply for a provisional residence permit, i.e. your entry visa, and a residence permit simultaneously.

You can contact the Dutch embassy or consulate in your country of residence for more information.


  • When you start working, you will need to take out basic Dutch healthcare insurance.
  • Students with a Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarship are not eligible for an orientation year residence permit. (Orange Knowledge Programme was formerly known as Netherlands Fellowship Programmes.
  • If you current residence permit expires before you graduate, please contact the Student Services Desk.