In the DISTO project, questionnaires on digital skills, internet use and internet outcomes are being developed for use by the wider academic community (in full or short versions). These questionnaires were originally developed and tested in the Netherlands and England, but are now used worldwide, with partners in Australia, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, USA and Kuweit.
The developed items for measuring internet skills are used in the Global Kids Online project, the World Internet Project, and the ySkills project. Measurements of Internet skills, use and outcomes are continuously improved and adapted to be suitable for measurements at work, for different generations and ages, and for disadvantaged groups.
English questionnaires (via DISTO project website).
- Questionnaire on Skills (from DiSTO NEETs)
- Helsper, E.J., Van Deursen, A.J.A.M and Eynon, R. (2016) Internet Outcomes Questionnaire.
- Helsper, E.J., Eynon, R., and Van Deursen, A.J.A.M (2016) Internet Uses Questionnaire.
- Helsper, E.J., Van Deursen, A.J.A.M. and Eynon, R. (2015) Digital Skills Questionnaire for Children.
- Helsper, E.J., Van Deursen, A.J.A.M. and Eynon, R. (2015) Revised Digital Skills Items for Adults and Children (to Ask Adults).
- Helsper, E.J., Van Deursen, A.J.A.M., and Eynon, R. (2015) From Digital Skills to Tangible Outcomes: Full Questionnaire.
- World Internet Project (2016) Core Skills Question Set.
- Global Kids Online (2016) Core Skills Question Set for Children.
Dutch versions are available (ask Alexander van Deursen).