All lecturers in the IST-Department have specific expertise on one or more themes. Within a theme there is usually, but not always, room for conducting your thesis research.
The component elements in a thesis project usually are: literature review, design of the study, conducting the research, anlyzing the results, report writing.
Theme descriptions describe the content, and may include information about audience, research methods and contexts. Each description ends with a set of questions that might be a topic for Ma-thesis research. Ba-thesis students can also do research within a theme. However, they can only elect to work on a predefined topic. The list of topics for a theme are presented immediately below its descriptions.
The themes are:
- Collaborative learning
- Digital reading
- Game-based learning
- Giftedness & differentiation
- Inquiry learning in online tabs
- Instructional video
- Scientific reasoning
- Supporting teachers and their learning
- Technology for learning and teaching
- The development of a serious game for teachers to learn about gifted learners: Needs assessment and requirements