University of Twente
Faculty of Behavioural Management and Social Sciences
Dep. Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Room: RA 3335 (Ravelijn)
Tel: +31 53 489 3143
Engin received his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, in 2010. He also holds a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from the same department. He worked (as a research assistant, instructor, then assist. prof.) in the Department of Industrial Engineering at Çankaya University between 2002-2011, (as an assist. prof.) in Turkish Military Academy between 2011-2012 and (as a postdoc, instructor) at Operations Planning and Accounting and Control group in Eindhoven University of Technology between 2012-2016. Engin is now working as a postdoc within IEBIS on ProSeLoNext project with Matthieu van der Heijden and Henk Zijm.
- Stochastic modelling of production/inventory systems, with a main focus on spare parts inventory systems
- Supply chain management,
- Maintenance optimization,
- Combinatorial optimization
Engin is now working on operational level spare parts and service logistics planning problems of companies such as ASML, IBM, Fokker, Thales NL, vanderLande within the project ProSeLONext.
Many courses in the area of industrial engineering, operations research and supply chain.
- Topan E., Bayındır Z. P., and Tan, T., “Heuristics for multi-item two-echelon spare parts inventory control subject to aggregate and individual service measures”, European Journal of Operational Research, 2016.
- Topan E. and Bayındır Z. P., “Multi-item two-echelon spare parts inventory control problem with batch ordering in the central warehouse under compound Poisson demand”, Journal of Operational Research Society, Vol. 63, pp. 1143-1152, 2012.
- Topan, E., and Avşar Z.M., “An Approximation for Kanban Controlled Assembly Systems”, Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 182, pp. 133-162, 2011.
- Topan E., Bayındır Z. P., and Tan, T., “An Exact Solution Procedure for Multi-Item Two Echelon Spare Parts Inventory Control Problem with Batch Ordering in the Central Warehouse”, Operations Research Letters, Vol. 38, pp. 454-461, 2010.
Cyber Physical System based Proactive Collaborative Maintenance (MANTIS) is an EU project, funded by ECSEL 2015-ongoing