- Supply Chain Integration System
- DIPLOMA – Distributed Planning with Multi-Agent Systems
- Approach: agent based coordination in the Rotterdam Port
- Merba: agent based control of AGV’s in production
- DEAL - Distributed Engine for Advanced Logistic
- Agent based order dispatching within a transportation company
- Software Mass Customization – methodology requirements and method support for model driven development
- Ecospace: method and environment for future knowledge workers
- Agent-based coordination in Health-care
- Business Information Systems
- Business Process Integration Lab
- IS Design Methodologies
Before joining the University of Twente in 2005, prof. Van Hillegersberg was on the faculty of the Rotterdam School of Management, where he worked on component based software systems, IT management, global outsourcing and agent systems for supply chains. He also worked for several years in business. At AEGON he was component manager for the setup of an Internet Bank. He worked at IBM on artificial intelligence and expert systems.
Recent and Relevant Publications
- Lee, O.K., Banerjee, P., Lim, K.H., Kumar, K., Van Hillegersberg, J. & Wei, K.K. (2006) Aligning IT components to achieve agility in globally distributed system development. Communications of the ACM, 49 (10): 48-54.
- Oosterhout, M.P.A. van, Waarts, E., Hillegersberg, J. (2006) Change factors requiring agility and implications for IT, European Journal of Information Systems, 15 (2), 132-145.
- Oosterhout, M.P.A. van, Waarts, E., Heck, E., Hillegersberg, J. (2006). Business agility: need, readiness and alignment with IT-strategies, in DeSouza, K.C., Agile Information Systems: Conceptualization, Construction and Management, Butterworth-Heinemann
- Van Hillegersberg, J., Boeke, R. & Van den Heuvel, W.J. (2004) Potential of webservices to enable smart business networks. Journal of Information Technology, 19 (4): 281-287.
- Kumar, K. & Van Hillegersberg, J. (2004) New Architectures - For financial services. Communications of the ACM, 47 (5): 27-30.
- Waarts, E., Van Everdingen, Y.M. & Van Hillegersberg, J. (2002) The dynamics of factors affecting the adoption of innovations. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 19 (6): 412-423.
- Van Hillegersberg, J., Zuidwijk, R., Van Nunen, J. & Van Eijk, D. (2001) Supporting return flows in the supply chain. Communications of the ACM, 44 (6): 74-79.
- Kumar, K. & Van Hillegersberg, J. (2000) ERP - Experiences and evolution. Communications of the ACM, 43 (4): 22-26.
- Van Everdingen, Y.M., Van Hillegersberg, J. & Waarts, E.. (2000) ERP adoption by European midsize companies - Searching for ERP systems offering a perfect fit. Communications of the ACM, 43 (4): 27-31.
- Van Hillegersberg, J. & Kumar, K. (1999) Using metamodeling to integrate object-oriented analysis, design and programming concepts. Information Systems, 24 (2): 113-129.