Capitool Building, Room C-111
P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede
Tel: (31) (0) 53 489 5358
Fax: +31 (0) 53 489 2159
Romana Aziz (1962) is currently doing research and teaching in the department of Information Systems and Change Management. She is an Electrical Engineer and holds a Masters in Information Systems Engineering and a Doctorate in Computation. She has more than twenty years of full time work experience in the areas of higher education management, curriculum development and implementation, accreditation and quality assurance, teaching, research, student affairs and project management.
- Management of Technology
- Ph.D. (Computation: Software & Information Systems, IT Management, Decision Technologies) 1995, Department of Computation, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, United Kingdom
- M.Sc. (Information Systems Engineering) 1992, Department of Computation, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, United Kingdom
- B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering) 1985, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- Universiteit Docent, University of Twente, 2008 – present
- Head and associate professor, computer sciences department, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan, 2005-2008
- Inter organization relationships
- Supply Chain Management
- Decision Methodologies.
- E-Business and e-Commerce
- Information systems and information architecture
- ICT management, adoption and diffusion
- Member of the executive committee of the Islamabad chapter of IEEE, 2006-2008
- Shah, Mahmood H.; Mohsin, Mohammad; Aziz, Romana (2009). Organisational Barriers in Offering E-Banking, Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations, 7(2), pp 67-82
- M. Mohsin, A F M Ishaq, Romana Aziz, Kazi Abdul Muqtadir (2006) A survey of Internet banking Websites of Pakistan, The Journal of Institute of Bankers Pakistan, 73(3),. pp 67-74.
- (Accepted for publication) Romana Aziz, Jos van Hillegersberg, Kuldeep Kumar, (2010) Inter Organizational Relationships Performance in Third Party Logistics: conceptual framework and case study, Hamburg International Conference of Logistics 2010, Innovative Processes and Solutions in Logistics and SCM, 02 – 03 September 2010, HAMBURG, Germany
- (Accepted for publication) Romana Aziz, Jos van Hillegersberg, (2010) Supplier Portfolio Selection and Optimum Volume Allocation: A Knowledge Based Method, Hamburg International Conference of Logistics 2010, Innovative Processes and Solutions in Logistics and SCM, 02 – 03 September 2010, HAMBURG, Germany
Books and Book Chapters
- Aziz, Romana; Ishaq, A.F.M., & Nauman, Abou Bakar (2007) Information System Development Failure and Complexity: A Case study. In Radaideh, Moh’d A., Al-Ameed, Hayder (Eds.), Architecture of Reliable Web Applications Software, (Information Science Reference) (pp. 278-306). IGI Global.