Alessia Sammarra is an Associate Professor of Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour at the University of L’Aquila (Italy). She is also member of the Doctoral Committee of the PhD Programme in “Business and Behavioural Sciences” at the University “G. D’Annunzio” of Chieti-Pescara (Italy).
She has been visiting Scholar at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA) and University of Wolverhampton (UK).
Her research interests lie in the areas of organizational networks and innovation, HRM practices-performance link, employees work attitudes and behaviours. In recent years she has focused on career models and implications of increasing age diversity in the workplace. Recently she organised a research seminar at the topic.
Her research has been published in leading academic journals including the Journal of Management Studies, Research Policy, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Personnel Review (Citations: 1,145 - July 2016 H-index: 14, based on Google Scholar).
She is co-Founder and Chair for the Track “Human Resource Management” at the 15th and 16th EURAM Conferences.
She is the Director of the Executive HRM program at LUISS Business School (Rome) and member of the LUISS Business School People Management Competence Centre & Lab. She has also worked with a variety of organizations and companies providing consulting and conducting research on diversity management, employee engagement and HRM issues.
- HRM impact on employee work behaviour and performance
- Organizational implications of age diversity and aging
- Organizational identification
- Innovation networks
- Bachelor and postgraduate level courses in Italian and English on Organization design, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior
- Executive education on Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Supervision of bachelor students
- Supervision of master students
- Supervision of doctoral students
A complete overview of publications can be accessed here.