In the fall of 2024, we are planning to start a study on the effectiveness of the app on the resilience of parents of children suspected of/diagnosed with a neurodevelopmental disorder such as autism and ADHD.
Who can participate?
To be able to participate in the study participants have to fulfil some criteria:
(1) Being the parent of one/more child(ren) (younger than 18) diagnosed with/suspected of a neurodevelopmental disorder
(2) Being in possession of a smartphone/tablet with internet-access and e-mail address to download the app and fill in the questionnaires related to the study
(3) Motivated to use the app, daily 10-15 minutes for a month
(4) Not being in treatment for mental health issues nor having severe mental health issues yourself
Expectations and advantages of participation
If you decide to participate, you are expected to:
- Use the app (10-15 minutes a day, for a month).
- Fill in questionnaires at the start, one month later, four months after the start, and seven months after the start (30-45 minutes per questionnaire). These can be filled in online, at your home or any place you would like to.
Participation has some advantages
- You can use the app free of charge
- You can improve your own mental well-being and resilience
- With your contribution, you can help other parents of children with autism and/or ADHD