The last part of the master Applied Physics is usually the master's assignment. To get acces to the Canvas site AP Master's assignment you have to register in OSIRIS. On the Canvas site you can find, besides a lot of other information, all the information about the organisational issues before, during and after finishing your assignment.
Normally you will graduate and get your diploma (certificate) after the presentation of your master's assignment. Therefore a few things have to be arranged first. The final Course list and Application for MSc exam and arrangements are forms that must be handed in for the administrative processing of graduation.
The university uses Mobility Online for managing all procedures concerning the master's assignment and your diploma. It is a system to register graduation assignments. Before you start with your assignment, you need to follow a procedure in Mobility Online. General manuals about Mobility Online can be found here. Students who did a minor abroad or finished their internship are already familiar with this system.
Preparation Master's Assignment information session
The Preperation Master's Assignment Information Session was on Thursday 7 December '23.
This information session is for students who will start their Master’s Assignment soon. During this session you get among other things, various information about the organization of your assignment.
Sheets and Video earlier information meetings Preparation Master's Assignment
Register in OSIRIS for the AP Master's assignment to gain access to the Canvas site.
Before the start of your master's assignment, you need to start the graduation registration in Mobility Online by choosing the standard registration. If your master's assignment takes place outside the UT, you need to follow the extended registration.
!!The AP programme will remind you, from the 4th month of the start of your master assignment, to complete the registration process. It is important to register from the start of your assignment in order to complete the entire process on time!!
- Sign-in with your UT student number and UT password.
- Fill in the Application Form.
- Make sure the Faculty (S&T), Study level (MSc) and Study fields (Applied Physics) are correct.
- 'Start date thesis' and 'Graduation date' is when you start and finish your master's assignment
- Committee requirements can be found in article 12 of the Rules of the Board of Examiners MSc AP) as is a overview of all the Staff of AP in relation to the Committee positions they can fulfill. If it is already (partly) known, it can be filled in. But doesn't have to be done at the start.
-(Preffered) research chair: The department where you do your master's assignment.
- The course codes of the AP Master's assignment (General Aspects/Physical Aspects) is 201800345/201800344 for the 40 EC course (cohort 2018 and later) and 193599089/193599039 for the 50 EC course (cohort 2017 and earlier.) For the Double programme students there are different course codes!
- Fill in Title and Description (this can be changed later on).
- Fill in Courses still to be completed (which courses and when)
- When working parttime during your master's assignment or in case the master's assignment is not the last course of your master AP mention this in Additional remarks
- After registration, you receive a confirmation of registration e-mail including login details and a link to sign in. This link should be used to see the progress and if any actions are required.
- The application form can be changed by using the Edit option.
- When the form is fully filled in, log in and download the Application Form and collect the signatures.
- Scan the Application Form and upload the file in Mobility Online under 'Upload Application Form Ir/MSc Exam'.
- The application will be checked on the committee and is marked as approved by the programme coordinator. You will receive an automatic e-mail when your application is approved.
During the process of finalizing your assignment and planning your colloquium, sign-in to Mobility Online and check if anything has changed in the title or committee you filled in before the start of the assignment.
Plan your colloquium in consultation with the committee members and the secretariat of the research chair.
To graduate there are some adminstrative issues to complete by filling in the following Forms:
- Course list form MSc AP/HBO/Double programme (when not done yet.)
- Form Application form for MSc-exam and arrangements AP
Submit the courselist and the Application form for the MSc-exam and arrangemets AP, to BOZ-AP (BOZ-AP@utwente.nl), at least 20 business days before the Colloquium
- Send your thesis in PDF format and the plagiarism check also to BOZ-AP.
Mark the thesis as finished in Mobility Online. The project will be marked as approved as both the Master's assignment Committee and the forms (Course list and Application form for MSc-exam) are approved by the Board of Examiners.
The assignment will be marked as finished after the thesis and the plagiarism check has been submitted to BOZ and the grade has been registered in OSIRIS.