The last part of the master Applied Physics is in general the master's assignment. You have to register in OSIRIS to get acces to the Canvas site AP Master's assignment. On the Canvas site you can find, besides a lot of other information, all the information about the organisational issues before, during and after finishing your assignment.
Normally you will graduate and get your diploma (certificate) after the presentation of your master's assignment. Therefore a few things have to be arranged first. Forms needed to handle the administrative issues for graduating are the final Course list and the Application for MSc Exam and arrangements.
For managing all procedures concerning the master's assignment and your diploma the university uses Mobility Online. Mobility Online is a system the UT uses to register graduation assignments. Before you start with your assignment, you need to follow a procedure in Mobility Online. General manuals about Mobility Online can be found here. Students who did a minor abroad or finished their internship are already familiar with this system.
Register in OSIRIS for the AP Master's assignment to gain access to the Canvas site.
Before the start of your master's assignment, you need to start the graduation registration in Mobility Online by choosing the standard registration. If your master's assignment takes place outside the UT, you also need to follow the extended registration.
- Sign-in with your UT student number and UT password.
- Fill in the Application Form.
- Make sure the Faculty, Study level and Study fields are correct.
- 'Start date thesis' and 'Graduation date' is when you start and finish your master's assignment
- Committee requirements can be found in article 12 of the Rules of the Board of Examiners MSc AP) as is a overview of all the Staff of AP in relation to the Committee positions they can fulfill.
- The course codes of the AP Master's assignment (General Aspects/Physical Aspects) is 193599089/193599039 for the 50 EC course and 201800345/201800344 for the 40 EC course. For the Double programme students there are different course codes!
- Fill in Title and Description (this can be changed later on)
- Fill in Courses still to be completed (which courses and when)
- When working parttime during your master's assignment or in case the master's assignment is not the last course of your master AP mention this in Additional remarks
- After registration, you receive a confirmation of registration e-mail including login details and a link to sign in. This link should be used to see the progress and if any actions are required.
- Log in. The next step is to download the Application Form and collect the signatures.
- Scan the Application Form and upload the file in Mobility Online under Upload Application Form to register for the Master's assignment course.
- You can start with your master's assignment. The application will be checked on the committee and is marked as approved by the programme coordinator. You will receive an automatic e-mail when your application is approved.
- (The application form can be changed by using the Edit option)
During the process of finalizing your assignment and planning your colloquium, sign-in to Mobility Online and check if anything has changed in the title or committee you filled in before the start of the assignment.
To graduate there are some adminstrative issues to complete by filling in the following Forms:
- Course list form MSc AP/HBO/Double programme (when not done yet.)
- Form Application form for MSc-exam
- Send your thesis in PDF format and the plagiarism check to BOZ-AP (BOZ-AP@utwente.nl).
Mark the thesis as finished. The project will be marked as approved as both the Master's assignment Committee and the forms (Course list and Application form for MSc-exam) are approved by the Board of Examiners.
The assignment will be marked as finished after the thesis and the plagiarism check has been submitted to BOZ and the grade has been registered in OSIRIS.