The master’s programme is a two-year programme. The master’s programme is divided into four specializations, OR, SACS, MDS and AI4Health. Each student chooses a specialization and – within that specialization – a course programme. The curriculum consists of the following elements and a contains a minimum of 120 EC.
- Continuous Optimization (6 EC) and Scientific Computing (6 EC);
- Pioneers of Applied Mathematics (5 EC);
- Specialization courses:
- OR: a minimum of three courses out of a list of eight;
- SACS: three core courses are mandatory;
- MDS: two core courses are mandatory, to be added by choosing three out of six;
- AI4Health: four courses are mandatory, to be added by choosing two out of five
- At least one of the courses needs to be a national course offered via https://elo.mastermath.nl. After you enroll locations etc. will show. The examination rules and prerequisites are also posted on this website;
- electives so that the total number of EC’s of courses in the first year adds up to at least 60*.
In the following table an overview of the courses is presented (click for larger download/pdf).
- Mandatory courses for all students in red.
- Mandatory courses for OR students in green; elective OR courses in light green.
- Mandatory courses for SACS students in blue; elective SACS courses light blue.
- Mandatory courses for MDS students in orange; elective MDS courses in yellow.
- Mandatory courses for AI4Health students in redAccent2, elective AI4Health courses in light redAccent2