The energy transition poses many challenges, both for the government and the business sector. To discuss this industrial transition, the alumni network southwest Netherlands, in collaboration with Dow Benelux and the UT Alumni Office, is organizing an event for the University of Twente alumni. The central theme of this alumni meeting is the challenge that the energy transition presents to Dow Benelux.
On Thursday evening, November 23, 2023, the doors of Dow Benelux in Terneuzen will open to UTwente alumni. During this event, Kees Biesheuvel, Technology Innovation Manager at Dow Benelux, and Dr. Yashar Hajimolana, Associate Professor at the University of Twente and an expert in the development of advanced models focused on innovative energy systems for decarbonizing industries, will deliver presentations. The host of the event is Aram de Ruiter (TBK’97), Senior Supply Chain Director of Performance Materials and Coatings at Dow Benelux, who, like you, is an alumnus of the University of Twente.
This event is an initiative of the alumni network in southwest Netherlands, led by alumni Gerard van Harten (CT’77) and Michiel Tijsseling (TN’85), both residing in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen. It is a follow-up to a previous meeting on March 30th, where we visited alumnus Han Polman (BSK’88), the Commissioner of the King, at the Provincial House of Zeeland.
- Date: Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Location: Dow Diamond Center, Innovatieweg 18 Hoek (municipality of Terneuzen)
- 6:00 PM - Reception with a snack
- 6:30 PM - Welcome by Aram de Ruiter (TBK’97), Senior Supply Chain Director Performance Materials & Coatings - Dow Benelux
- 6:35 PM - Welcome by Gerard van Harten (CT’77), along with Michiel Tijsseling (TN’85), initiators of this event
- 6:40 PM - Presentation by Kees Biesheuvel, Technology Innovation Manager - Dow Benelux
- 7:10 PM - Presentation by Dr. Yashar Hajimolana, an expert in the field of industrial energy transition, Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET/formerly CTW), University of Twente
- 7:40 PM - Panel discussion
- 8:00 PM - Drinks
- 8:30 PM - End
You can register for this event using this registration link. Please indicate any dietary preferences or allergies when registering.