Mesa+ - NanoLab
- The MESA+NanoLab facilities play a crucial role in the MESA+ research programs and in the commercialization strategy
- The MESA+ research programs are directly related to the national research program NanoNextNL. In NanoNextNL the importance of a national facility has been acknowledged, and a major part of the effort and the accompanying budget is dedicated to NanoLab NL. NanoLab NL has the aim to build up, maintain and provide a coherent and accessible high-level, state-of-the-art infra-structure for nanotechnological research and innovation in the Netherlands. NanoLab NL is about national cohesion in infrastructure, access, and tariff structure. MESA+ is proud to be part of the national consortium NanoLab NL.
- MESA+ NanoLab plays a central part in collaborations with industry. MESA+ has a strong relationship with industry, both through joint research projects with the larger multinational companies, and through a cooperation policy focused on small and medium- sized enterprises.
- MESA+ has a 1250 m2 state-of-the-art NanoLab which consists of three closely intertwined units: the cleanroom, analysis facilities and the BioNanoLab. Research on the nanometre scale needs a laboratory with extreme specifications, whereas the NanoLab is constructed to meet such high standards. Any influencing effects from the environment, such as vibration and electromagnetic disturbances, are virtually non-existent. The environmental conditions inside the building, such as temperature, humidity and the influence of light are extremely stable.
- For the production of larger series, companies involved in nano- and micro-technology can contact the High Tech Factory which is also located on the university campus.