Physics of X-Ray and Neutron Multilayer Structures Workshop 2018
On behalf of the Laboratoire Charles Fabry, Institut d'Optique Graduate School and the Laboratoire de Chimie Physique - Matiere et Rayonnement, Sorbonne Universite and CNRS, we invite you to attend the
PXRNMS2018 International Workshop
Wednesday November 7 - Friday November 9 2018
at the University Paris-Saclay Campus, EDF convention center, Palaiseau, France.
This workshop follows the fruitful PXRNMS 2016 workshop organized by the colleagues of the Industrial Focus Group XUV at MESA+ at the University of Twente, The Netherlands, as well as the former PXRMS conferences that were successfully organized for many years but ended in 2010. We gladly invite graduate students, young researchers and senior scientists, both from academia and industry to participate, so please mark your calendars.
The Workshop will focus on the physics of nanometer-scale multilayer films optimized for various applications in the Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) and X-ray domains as well as neutron optics. The main topics that will be discussed include:
- Multilayer X-Ray and Neutron Optics
- Multilayer Design and Modeling
- Film Growth and Microstructure
- Roughness and Interface Formation
- Surface and Thin-Film Modifications using Ion Beams
- Film Removal Techniques
- Growth Models and Computer Simulations
- Ray and Neutron Scattering
- Surface and Interface Topography
- Layer and Interface Composition
- Wavefront Characterization and Correction
- Mechanical Properties and Stability
- Optical Properties
- Novel Characterization Techniques
- Polarization Control Metrology
Registration and abstract submission are open, deadline submission abstract September 5th 2018, https://pxrnms2018.sciencesconf.org/.