Fitness helps you maintain a healthy body. You can work on your condition, strength, health, coordination and flexibility. Apart from these things, it also helps you to get better study and work results!
The Sports Centre of the University of Twente offers a modern fitness centre for students and staff of UT in possession of an UnionCard and Fitness subscription (students) or CampusCard (employees). Externals can also buy a CampusCard with a Fitness subscription.
You can find the opening hours of the Fitness Centre below.
If you want to make a reservation for a timeslot in the fitness, it is important that you read the following information carefully.
- You need a reservation to have acces to the fitness, scan your CampusCard/UnionCard with reservation at the entrance.
- After use of the equipment, it is necessary to clean them. You can use the available products for cleaning.
- Please bring your own towel and drink bottle.
- It is only possible to do your workout with a distance of 1,5 meters between other sporters or trainers. It is also not allowed to make physical contact with others.
- At al times sporters need to follow the instructions from the trainers or the Sports Centre employees.
- Fitness coaches are present on Monday to Friday after 16.00h and during the weekends.
- It is possible to use the Tanita scale. If possible, please use the scale on your own.
- Groupactivities (Teambeats) are cancelled for the time being.
- It is possible to use the toilets.
- Dressingrooms are available, we have a maximum of 6 people for a dressingroom. There are 3 showers available in a dressingroom.
- If it is possible, please come to the Sports Centre in your sports clothes. Be sure to put on your clean shoes in the Sports Centre! If it is possible, use your shower at home.
You can make a reservation for the fitness, 24h in advance. For example: if you want to make a reservation for Wednesday 17:00h, it is possible to reserve this spot at Tuesday 17:00h.
It is only possible to make a reservation for one timeslot a day. A timeslot has a duration of 75 minutes.
Make a reservation via dms.utwente.nl
- Students/employees can use the left button to log in.
- Other users can use the right button (blue) to log in.
If you do not have log in details, sent an e-mail to: Sportsemail@example.com or visit the Servicedesk in the Sports Centre.
Check the video below for instructions to make a reservation
It is imporant to read the following information carefully:
- After you have completed your reservation, you can use your personal UnionCard or CampusCard to enter the fitness. Scan the card at the entrance of the fitness.
- It is possible to enter the fitness 45 minutes after the start of your reservation. This means that if you make a reservation for 11:00h, you can still enter at 11:45h. If you try to enter when the 45 minutes have passed, you will be denied acces.
- If you do not want make use of your reservation, please cancel your reservation via dms.utwente.nl. You can do this by going to 'current reservations'. This way other people get the possibilty to make a reservation for your spot.
- If a timeslot has started, it is not possible to register anymore.
When you make a reservation, you indicate that you did not experience any of the following complaints in the last 24 hours:
- A cold
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Mild coughing
- High tempature (till 38 degrees) or fever (38 degrees or higher)
- Your family members or roommates did not experience any of the complaints above in the last 24 hours.
We have set up a sports protocol which you need to abide by if you are using one of our accommodations. You can find the protocol here.
At the sport location there will be Sports Centre employees who will make sure you can sport safely!
Monday to Friday
During regular opening hours, there is a fitness coach available at the following times:
12:30 - 13:30 and 16:00 - 22:00
16:00 - 22:00
12:30 - 13:30 and 16:00 - 22:00
16:00 - 22:00
15:00 - 18:00
Especially when you start exercising, it is important that you are being coached in the right way to stay motivated and prevent injuries. Fitness is the ultimate way to improve your health and work in a focused way on achieving your training objectives. Once you have got the hang of it and enjoy being active, it is important to keep challenging yourself. You can do this by trying out something new or by pushing your boundaries. You will never get bored with exercising in this way and you will be sure to keep growing. From time to time, fitness coaches will be present to advise you, so make the best possible use of them!
Whatever your training objectives may be, our fitness coaches are happy to make a training schedule for you! Schedule an appointment with a fitness coach in the fitness. An appointment will take about one hour.
The first schedule is free of charge. If you want more guidance from our coaches, we ask for a small fee of €5 for a new trainingsschedule.
Three times a week, employees of the UT with (occupational) complaints participate in the Medical fitness program at the Sports Centre. On fixed days and times, there is a physical therapist present for guidance. Employees who wish to make use of this option can make an appointment for an intake.
As an employee of the UT this training is free of charge.
Monday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
(only after registration through firstname.lastname@example.org)
Company sports fitness
During the following hours there is also a trainer available for employees of the UT:
Monday: 12:30 – 13:30
Wednesday: 12:30 - 13:30
Contact Sports Centre:
Whatever purpose you have with your training, measuring your weight is often useful when following a training program. We offer with the Tanita scale a total body composition measurement.
The Tanita Body Composition Analyzer measures through a data signal as fat, muscle mass, moisture content. Combined with personal information such as height, weight and age the analyzer gives a very accurate assessment of body composition.
The Tanita body composition analyzer is very easy to use, if you log in with the MyWellness app your measurements will be saved and you can track your progress. You can track your measurements for a longer period. From the information we get from your measurements we can for example learn whether your muscle mass actually increased in strength, or your fat mass decreased by your weekly workouts. It is important that each measurement is performed under the same conditions because the moisture throughout the day changes. So therefore measure before you start your workout.
Check the poster below for more information, or ask the fitness trainer for the possibilities.