Fitness helps you maintain a healthy body. You can work on your condition, strength, health, coordination and flexibility. Apart from these things, it also helps you to get better study and work results!
The Sports Centre of the University of Twente offers a modern fitness centre for students and staff of UT in possession of an UnionCard and Fitness subscription (students) or CampusCard (employees). Externals can also buy a CampusCard with a Fitness subscription.
You can find the opening hours of the Fitness Centre below.
- What you need to know before making a reservation!
If you want to make a reservation for a timeslot in the fitness, it is important that you read the following information carefully.
- We have a timeslot of 30 minutes, during these 30 minutes you are able to enter the gym.
- You can train in the fitness as long as you want, there is no ending time on your reservation.
- Cancel your reservation if you are not planning to come, this way someone else can take your spot.
- You need a reservation to have access to the fitness, scan the QR code with the Sports and Culture Utwente app at the entrance, or use your physical card with reservation.
- After use of the equipment, it is necessary to clean them. You can use the available products for cleaning.
- Please bring your own towel and drink bottle.
- At all times athletes need to follow the instructions from the trainers or the Sports Centre employees.
- Fitness coaches are present on Monday to Friday from 16:00h - 22:00h
- It is possible to use the Tanita scale. If possible, please use the scale on your own.
- Make a reservation or cancel a reservation
You can make a reservation for the fitness, 24h in advance. For example: if you want to make a reservation for Wednesday 17:00h, it is possible to reserve starting Tuesday 17:00h.
You can make a reservation for a timeslot of 30 minutes. During these 30 minutes you can enter the fitness, every timeslot of 30 minutes has a maximum of 7 people.
It is only possible to make a reservation for one timeslot a day. There is no ending time, you can train as long as you need.
More info about making a reservation? Check our video below!
After your reservation, you’ll receive an e-mail confirmation. The reservation is now active on your UnionCard/Campus.
It is imporant to read the following information carefully:
- After you have completed your reservation, you can use the Sports and Culture Utwente app to scan the QR code for access (at the entrance) or you can use your physical card.
- If you do not want make use of your reservation, please cancel your reservation. This way other people get the possibilty to make a reservation for your spot.
- If a timeslot has started, it is not possible to register anymore.
When you make a reservation, you indicate that you did not experience any of the following complaints in the last 24 hours:
- A cold
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Mild coughing
- High tempature (till 38 degrees) or fever (38 degrees or higher)
- Your family members or roommates did not experience any of the complaints above in the last 24 hours.
If you do not show up for a reservation and you did not delete your reservation or you have made more than 1 reservation for the fitness, there can be concequences. Therefore we ask you kindly to cooperate.
We want to facilitate as many athletes as possible, we need your help with that.
- Coaching/Meet our coaches!
Do you want to know more about excersis or specific workouts in the fitness? Ask one of our coaches for help! Below you can find more information about our coaches!
- Bo Arends
- Can Erdogan
- Denisa Damaschin
- Koen Kuijpers
- Liran Neta
- Tjerk Susan
Whatever your training objectives may be, our fitness coaches are happy to make a training schedule for you! Schedule an appointment with a fitness coach in the fitness. An appointment will take about one hour.
The first schedule is free of charge. If you want more guidance from our coaches, we ask for a small fee of €5 for a new trainingsschedule.
- Opening hours
Monday to Friday
During regular opening hours, there is a fitness coach available at the following times:
16:00 - 22:00
16:00 - 22:00
16:00 - 22:00
16:00 - 22:00
15:00 - 18:00
- Medical fitness for employees
Three times a week, employees of the UT with (occupational) complaints participate in the Medical fitness program at the Sports Centre. On fixed days and times, there is a physical therapist present for guidance. Employees who wish to make use of this option can make an appointment for an intake.
As an employee of the UT this training is free of charge.
Monday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
(only after registration through firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Sports Centre:
- House rules
- Tanita body composition analyzer
Whatever purpose you have with your training, measuring your weight is often useful when following a training program. We offer with the Tanita scale a total body composition measurement.
The Tanita Body Composition Analyzer measures through a data signal as fat, muscle mass, moisture content. Combined with personal information such as height, weight and age the analyzer gives a very accurate assessment of body composition.
The Tanita body composition analyzer is very easy to use, if you log in with the MyWellness app your measurements will be saved and you can track your progress. You can track your measurements for a longer period. From the information we get from your measurements we can for example learn whether your muscle mass actually increased in strength, or your fat mass decreased by your weekly workouts. It is important that each measurement is performed under the same conditions because the moisture throughout the day changes. So therefore measure before you start your workout.
Check the poster below for more information, or ask the fitness trainer for the possibilities.