Do you remember your first time searching for a job? Did you succeed in getting a job in the field of your preference right away? What did you learn along the way? The UT Alumni Office organises an Online Career Café in cooperation with UT Career Services. We are looking for UT alumni who would like to share their career experiences with UT students in the final stage of their studies.
Wednesday 17 June 19.00-21.00 PM
Why should you join?
- To make a difference for students and help them finding their own career path.
- To get a great workshop “The art of advice” about consulting
- To find nice future colleagues
- To get an interesting opportunity to network with fellow-alumni
- Because it is meaningful, fun and informative to support students
- To keep in touch with the University of Twente.
How does it work?
During the UT Online Career Café, alumni share their career experiences with small groups of max. three students, in two rounds of 45 minutes each. The students are invited to ask questions like:
- How did you find your first job?
- Did you plan to find a job in this specific field/country/city?
- What does your typical working day look like?
- What is the relevance of extra-curricular activities in the job hunt?
- Did you have a job interview and what questions were you asked?
- How did you experience the transition from studying to working?
Workshop “The Art of Advice”
As preparation for the Online Career Café we offer you an online workshop ‘the art of advice’ by UT Career Counsellor Hemo Oumenad. This workshop takes place on Wednesday 10 June from 17:00 till 18:00 pm.