The UT Incentive Fund is a small fund, created and financed by UT. Its aim is to help female staff develop and/or accelerate their careers, and achieve their professional ambitions. If you a female staff member who has the ambition to move up to a position in the “talentpool”, the subtop or at top level, the UT is keen on supporting you.
Support staff and science staff (excluding PhD candidates).
In the past, following proposals were accepted:
- Courses or coaching for personal or professional development.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for getting international experience and/or building an international network, e.g. conferences or research visits.
- Facilities to write a grant proposal or work on a publication.
- Replacement constructions (fte’s) for educational assistants or student assistants
Read more about the application and requirements on incentive fund's website.
Marina van Damme prize is meant for successful female alumni of the University of Twente, Technical University of Delft or Technical University of Eindhoven. For our university it means that you have to hold a master degree and/or a doctorate degree obtained at University of Twente.
The scholarschip is intended for giving a "nudge" to take a new step or a new direction in the further development of a career of a candidate. It is not meant for funding a PhD. It is intended, for example, to increase knowledge or an international orientation in the form of a study programme, internship or project.
Read more abot the application and requirements on the Marina van Damme prize website.
Professor de Winter prize (Universiteitsfonds University of Twente) publication price for female talent.
The goal of the prize is to promote the female scientific talent at the University of Twente: female lecturers employed at the UT.
The prize is an award, with no specified goal.
Read more about the application and requirements on the Professor de Winter prize website.
L’Oréal - UNESCO international fellowships program fellowships for women in life sciences.
Catharine van Tussenbroek fonds (in Dutch) scholarships for female scientist to travel abroad.
KNAW Merianprijs (in Dutch) prize of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences for excellent female scientists.
- Awards for woman in STEM
- Career Guide Grants
- Career Guide Prizes
- Career Guide Fellowships
- NWO closely monitors ‘women in science’ and launched various policy initiatives. One of the initiatives is the introduction of special programs for women
- MEERVOUD (MEER Vrouwelijke Onderzoekers als UD) for post-docs engaged in research in biology, the earth sciences, mathematics, computer science, chemistry and other physical sciences
- Athena for Veni laureates
- Aspasia for Vidi and Vici laureates
- FOm/v (in Dutch) (FOM, Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter) for Phd’s and post-docs
- Small Business Grants available to Female Entrepreneurs