13 August up to and including 21 August 2018
Time and place
This course will take place in the Skills Lab on the campus of the University of Twente, Enschede
€500, including course materials
Maximum 15 participants per group
Qualified English teacher of the TCP Language Centre
Will be provided at the beginning of the course.
This course is intended for all prospective UT students who would like to make a transition from informal English to academic English.
This course will set you in the direction in becoming a more confident user of English in an academic environment. Participants receive a course certificate after completion.
This course is an introduction to Academic English covers reading, listening, writing and speaking.
This course “Introduction to Academic English” will:
- improve your Academic English skills
- help you with the transition from high school to university
- establish your confidence through contact with peers in the same situation
- supports the transition towards self-managed learning
- empower your learning with strategies for locating resources to support your (ongoing) academic language needs
The course consists of group tuition. Lessons are from Monday to Friday from 9.00 – 13.00 hrs, from Monday 13 August up to and including Tuesday 21 August 2018.
Duration and time investment
- 28 hrs of lessons(7 days)
- Participants are expected to invest 3 hrs per lesson day on self study
Participants are expected to have prior knowledge of English with an approximate level of B2.
Preparing your departure
When non-EU resident, visa may be required. Please, check: https://www.utwente.nl/en/student-services/visa/entry-visa/