For the different dates see the sign up form on the bottom of this page.
UT bachelor and master’s students:
Minimum 10 and maximum 15 participants
Qualified teacher of English as a foreign Language
Provided by the TCP Language Centre.
Primarily international students in English taught programmes with a basic knowledge of Dutch, acquired in Getting Started with Dutch I or a similar course and whose current level is approx. A1.
In this advanced beginners course participants extend their basic knowledge of Dutch, reaching CEF-level A2.
- Dutch grammar and conventions
- Extended basic vocabulary
- Speaking and writing about every day situations and personal life
- Understanding and being able to produce short messages and announcements
- Writing short and simple letters, invitations, etc., give personal information
- Reading for the main points in short texts
The course consists of group tuition. Each lesson includes a variety of practical and interactive learning activities, covering all skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
Attendance at every lesson is essential. The course consists of nine lessons of two hours each, with one session per week. Homework is expected to take approximately two hours per lesson. The study load for this course is roughly equivalent to 1 ECTS.
Admission takes place on the basis of certificates obtained from earlier language courses, or an intake exam.