The Academic English Speaking courses offered by the UT Language Centre are offered at two different levels:
Participants are required to complete an Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) before being accepted for enrolment in a course.
In order to determine your level and assess which course is appropriate for you, you are required to do the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT). This is an online test which consists of a listening component and a grammar and vocabulary (“Use of English”) component.
- Request a token for the OOPT.
- After two business days, you will receive an e-mail with your token and instructions to access the test online. Your token will be valid for two weeks.
- Take the test (you have 60 minutes in total to complete the test).
- The test results in a Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level of language proficiency ranging from A1 to C2.
- Soon after taking the test, you will receive an e-mail from the UT Language Centre with your results and a recommendation for a specific Academic English course.
At this moment it is not possible to request a token for the OOPT. Registration is open from 15th June again.