Teachers at UT are required to demonstrate the language level requirement of (C1 - CEFR). There are certain conditions which enable exemption from the ‘English Proficiency Test for Academic Staff’ test and these are outlined below.
Exemption from the language requirement (C1 - CEFR) is given to teachers who:
● are native speakers of English (defined as someone who has spoken that language as their first language since early childhood, rather than having learned it as a foreign language);
● do not provide education in English and do not supervise international staff (PhD candidates) or students;
● can demonstrate that they meet the English language requirement C1 through a valid diploma or certificate such as:
○ IELTS Certificate (max. 2 years old)
○ TOEFL (ibT) (up to 3 years old) are accepted.
○ Cambridge Certificate (up to 3 years old) are accepted.
See table below for required scores / final objectives in the given certificates:
7.0 - 8.0
110 - 120
8.5 - 9.0