The workshop ‘Taking minutes in English’ is intended for staff who are interested in improving their minute-taking skills with the aim of carrying this task out more professionally and to improve confidence in English while doing so. The skills developed in this workshop can also be transferred to video conferencing to a large extent. The workshop is designed for non-native speakers of English.
By the end of this workshop,
- you will have practiced and will have started to improve your minute-taking skills in English.
- you have learnt how to write minutes better.
- you will be able to do it more confidently in English.
Please note that the workshop primarily focuses on the language and communication skills necessary to write minutes more confidently in the future.
In this workshop, you will:
- learn how to write minutes.
- learn how to improve on the common mistakes made by the group in the pre-workshop assignment.
- start using relevant vocabulary and other learn about which tools can be useful to use while taking minutes.
The workshop offers you the insight into general minute-taking conventions needed to be able to write them more professionally. Prior to the workshop, you will be asked to do an assignment in which you write minutes. If you do not have any experience in writing them yet, then a relevant assignment shall be provided to you. In this workshop, you will get plenty of practice opportunities to apply what you have learnt in the session, which will allow you to develop your skills further afterwards.
The workshop ‘Taking minutes in English’ consists of one 2-hour session, which will be offered in a virtual classroom and will be hand-on. In this workshop, you will get plenty of practice opportunities to apply what you have learnt in the session. It also offers you the insight into general minute-taking conventions needed to be able to write them more professionally