This page explains the conditions for the minor programme as well as the entry requirements students have to meet before they can start their minor (module 9 + 10).
Entry requirements for minor programme (modules 9 + 10):
6 modules passed on 1 September of the academic year in which the minor is being completed.
Conditions for minor programmes (modules 9 + 10):
- In accordance with the matrix (see the minor website, under 'General information & rules')
- Modules that are not included in the matrix (contract modules, foreign modules, modules offered by other Dutch universities) may be included in an individual person’s minor programme as long as they are approved by the Examination Board of the Mechanical Engineering degree programme. Requests for approval may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guideline for approval of individual minors:
- Total study load must be at least 30 credits
- You may not choose subjects that overlap to a great degree with subjects offered in the BSc Mechanical Engineering programme
- No more than one language course (in a foreign exchange minor), with a maximum of 5 credits
- One or two first-year courses are allowed for minors intended to broaden your knowledge and/or to boost prior knowledge in order to take second or third year courses if those courses are also taken as part of the same minor programme
- Minor programmes in preparation for another master’s degree programme. Approve content if the programme allows students with courses that overlap with other programmes (as long as the minor contains enough suitable science courses)
- Internship worth no more than 15 EC if the student is not planning on taking a University of Twente Master’s programme. For more information about the procedure for internships, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the study adviser, Annet de Kiewit (email@example.com).