Alieke van Dijk (Amersfoort, 1987) studied Sociology (BSc) at the University of Groningen and Psychology (MSc) at the University of Twente. For her master’s thesis she examined the role of working preference in scripted collaborative drawing in elementary education. Currently, she is working as a lecturer in Psychology in Learning & Instruction at the University of Twente, while finishing her dissertation in her free time.
For her dissertation, she looked into the possibilities to include gifted students in elementary education by creating a lesson series and digital learning environment to support heterogeneous and homogeneous cooperation in elementary education. Her PhD-track was part of the BE COOL! project.
- Inquiry learning
- Learning by design
- Collaborative learning
- Elementary education
- Jigsaw method
- Citizenship Education
- van Dijk, A.M., Gijlers, H., & Weinberger, A. (2013). Scripted collaborative drawing in elementary education. Instructional Science, 42, 353-372. doi: 10.1007/s11251-013-9286-1
- van Dijk, A.M., & Lazonder, A.W. (2013). Scaffolding students’ use of learner-generated content in a technology-enhanced inquiry learning environment. Interactive Learning Environments. doi: 10.1080/10494820.2013.834828
- van Dijk, A.M., Eysink, T.H.S., & de Jong, T. (2016). Ability-related differences in performance of an inquiry task: The added value of prompts. Learning and Individual Differences, 47, 145-155. doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2016.01.008
- Gijlers, H., Weinberger, A., van Dijk, A.M., Bollen, L., van Joolingen, W. (2013). Collaborative drawing on a shared digital canvas in elementary science education: The effects of script and task awareness support. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, 8, 427-453. doi: 10.1007/s11412-013-9180-5
- van Dijk, A.M., & Eysink, T.H.S. (2014). Excelleren doe je niet alleen. Talent, 16, 10-13.
- van Dijk, A.M., & Eysink, T.H.S. (2016). Samen leren overleven op de maan. Didactief, 3, 45.
- van Dijk, A.M., & Eysink, T.H.S. (2016) Be Dalton, BE COOL! DaltonVisie, 3, 24-25.
- Eysink, T.H.S., & van Dijk, A.M. (2016). BE COOL! Het beste van twee samenwerkingswerelden. Cascade, 36-38.
- van Dijk, A.M., & Guerin, L. (2017). Discussiëren kun je leren: Samen argumenteren voor ontwikkeling in taal en burgerschap. Meer Taal, 3, 20-23.