Alieke van Dijk (Amersfoort, 1987) started to study Sociology (BSc) at Groningen University in 2005. After finishing her bachelor, she continued with Psychology at the University of Twente in 2008. For her master’s thesis, she examined the role of working preference in scripted collaborative drawing in elementary education. In 2010, she started working at the Department of Instructional Technology at the University of Twente. After one year working as junior research in the European project SCY, she started a PhD-project at the same department. In 2015, she went to Saxion University of Applied Sciences, working on projects concerning self-regulation, citizenship education, and Dalton education. In December 2017, she received her doctor’s degree by the defense of her thesis called “Learning together in mixed-ability elementary classrooms”. Currently, she is working as a lecturer in Psychology in Learning & Instruction at the University of Twente.
- Inquiry learning
- Learning by design
- Collaborative learning
- Elementary education
- Jigsaw method
- Citizenship Education
- Dalton education
- van Dijk, A.M., Eysink, T.H.S., & de Jong, T. (2016). Ability-related differences in performance of an inquiry task: The added value of prompts. Learning and Individual Differences, 47, 145-155. doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2016.01.008
- van Dijk, A.M., & Lazonder, A.W. (2016). Scaffolding students’ use of learner-generated content in a technology-enhanced inquiry learning environment. Interactive Learning Environments, 24, 194-204. doi: 10.1080/10494820.2013.834828
- Gijlers, H., Weinberger, A., van Dijk, A.M., Bollen, L., van Joolingen, W. (2013). Collaborative drawing on a shared digital canvas in elementary science education: The effects of script and task awareness support. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, 8, 427-453. doi: 10.1007/s11412-013-9180-5
- van Dijk, A.M., Gijlers, H., & Weinberger, A. (2013). Scripted collaborative drawing in elementary education. Instructional Science, 42, 353-372. doi: 10.1007/s11251-013-9286-1
- van Dijk, A.M., & Eysink, T.H.S. (2014). Excelleren doe je niet alleen. Talent, 16, 10-13.
- van Dijk, A.M., & Eysink, T.H.S. (2016). Samen leren overleven op de maan. Didactief, 3, 45.
- van Dijk, A.M., & Eysink, T.H.S. (2016) Be Dalton, BE COOL! DaltonVisie, 3, 24-25.
- Eysink, T.H.S., & van Dijk, A.M. (2016). BE COOL! Het beste van twee samenwerkingswerelden. Cascade, 36-38.
- van Dijk, A.M., & Guerin, L. (2017). Discussiëren kun je leren: Samen argumenteren voor ontwikkeling in taal en burgerschap. Meer Taal, 3, 20-23.
- van Dijk, A.M. (2017). Learning together in mixed-ability classrooms. Dissertation. Enschede, the Netherlands: University of Twente.