Attention: deadline for submitting a poster is February 15th
Explore new topics for and strengthen the already existing collaboration between 4TU institutions at PhD level.
To stimulate further collaboration between 4TU institutes, 4TU.Health will organize a digital poster presentation. As such we would like to challenge PhD students in the domain of health and tech, to present their research in an open, engaging manner. Via Zoom, participants are given the opportunity to present their poster and view the posters of others. The posters will also be 'hanged' online, prior to the presentation. The link to this gallery will be distributed among the institutes so that all researchers can take note of the research within the 4TUs in the field of health. This is your chance to win 5000 euro, to be spend on a collaboration (research) project of choice, with a PhD candidate from another TU!
- This competition is for you as PhD student from within the 4TU organisations (Wageningen University and Research; University of Twente; Eindhoven University of Technology; Delft University), who are active in the health domain
- You must upload your poster (in PDF) and general data by February 15th, 2023, 23:59 pm.
- Your submission is only eligible for winning if you take part in the online session on March 23rd, 2023.
- You are assigned various (3-5) posters for evaluation (evidently not evaluating researchers from your own institute), but additional evaluations may be performed in case you find posters interesting for collaboration.
- You can win 5000 euros, to be spent on your own project of choice, together with a PhD student of another organization, related to research, e.g. visiting each other’s labs, or doing a small research project together.
- Participation of a minimum of four PhD students per university and a minimum of twenty posters in total are required to have the competition.
In this assessment, PhD students give a ranking of 1 to 5 points based on scientific content (innovativeness, outcomes, relevance and presentation) as well as the potential for future work in the area of health and tech. Lastly, the evaluator can indicate if they see potential to work together, and if so, provide ideas and suggestions to work together with other PhD students from 4TU partners. The highest-ranked posters will also be evaluated by the board members of 4TU.Health.
What will you win?
The top three posters (as defined by the highest score from the reviewers) will each win € 5000,- to spend on your own research project of choice, together with a PhD student of another organization. In addition to the prize, the winner will receive the evaluator’s suggestions on potential joint work, as provided in the evaluation report, and, if relevant, use this information to select another PhD student within the 4TU institutions to collaborate with. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
To participate in this competition you have to register via the link below. You also have to upload your poster in this form. Please take into account the following aspects:
- A0 format (or at least keep the proportions the same, also so that the text is legible)
- In English
- Upload in PDF
- Maximum file size of 100 MB
This competition is organised by the 4TU organisations: Wageningen University and Research; University of Twente; Eindhoven University of Technology; Delft University.