The department of Applied Mathematics has three task forces: the task force Analysis and Linear Algebra, the task force Modelling and Programming, and the task force Statistics and Probability.
The task force has in-depth discussions about the education in the respective field and discusses practical matters like exams, pass rates, choice of materials etc.
A task force consists of a chairman and several members. The chairman assures progress is being achieved. The AM programme director is an advisor to all task forces.
- Determining the content requirements for education in the field
- Choice of study materials
- Monitoring the pass rates of the courses
- Evaluation of the exam (level, pass rate, originality) notwithstanding the legal task of the Examination Board.
- Making a comparison to similar courses at other TUs
- Yearly evaluation