The master ‘Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship’ is a double degree master programme (see box below for more information on what a double degree programme is). This master is a cooperation between the University of Twente (UT) and the Technische Universität Berlin (TUB) on the topic of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Completing the master programme (120 EC) will results in two master degrees:
- Master of Science in Business Administration from the UT
- Master of Science in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship from the TUB
The duration of this master programme is two years, which entails a total of four semesters. Students are expected to stay two semesters at each university.
In order to finalize the double degree programme in two years, you can only start per September with the MSc Business Administration programme at the UT and go to TUB per the next April. Unfortunately it is not possible to start per February with the MSc programme at the UT and after one semester go to Berlin. For more information on deadlines for application, see the website about ‘Application and Deadlines’.
A student can also decide that s\he wants to study one semester (30EC) in Berlin. This will not lead to the double degree. The student will complete 90 EC (60EC at the UT and 30EC at TUB). The credits completed at TUB will then be transferred into the transcript of records that the student receives from the UT when s\he graduates. The semester abroad will be part of the Erasmus bilateral agreement. This means that you are an exchange student during your semester at the TUB. For information on how to apply for Erasmus exchange, please visit Blackboard -> Organizations -> Study Abroad.
For more information or specific questions, please check the FAQ-section of this website!
- If you have specific questions on the content of the programme please contact the double degree coordinator Dr. M.L. Ehrenhard.
- For questions on eligibility of the MSc BA programme, please first check the website www.utwente.nl/en/education/master/programmes/business-administration/admission/.
- For questions regarding international issues, such as scholarships or Erasmus, you can contact the coordinator Internationalisation of our faculty.
- For more information about TUB, check www.eim.tu-berlin.de.
A double degree master programme entails two separate MSc educational programmes, both with a separate degree. After careful comparison of the study programmes, both educational programmes have made agreements about acknowledgement of courses, joint supervision of the thesis, and about practical issues. The benefit for students is that after completing the double degree programme two degrees are earned in less time than completing the two programmes separately. Furthermore, the student has an international experience in an environment content-wise related to one of the specialization tracks of our MSc Business Administration programme (in this case the Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Strategy track).