Are you ready to become a “Carbon Literate Citizen” and map out actions that support Twente in its efforts on climate? Then join the upcoming Carbon Literacy Training being held entirely online.
In the Carbon Literacy Training* you will:
- learn the basics of climate science;
- carry out a basic carbon footprint calculation;
- learn the distinction between low and high impact climate solutions;
- learn about climate justice;
- experience the consequences if no action is taken;
- explore various carbon reduction actions that lead to a positive future; and
- learn how to use systems thinking to design climate solutions that also solve multiple problems.
* There are no prerequisites for this course
After completing 4 two-hour online sessions (Nov 8, 15, 22 and 29 between 14.00-16.00), you need to submit a brief Evidence Form that will be reviewed by the Carbon Literacy Trust before they can issue you a certificate to confirm that you are a “Carbon Literate Citizen”. The training will be delivered online by Dr Alex Mifsud. The course and training materials have been developed by Nottingham Business School (Nottingham Trent University.