In the last few decades, the vast ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica have started to lose more and more ice due to rising temperatures. It could lead to multi-metre sea level rise worldwide. But how fast and by how much? Peter Kuipers Munneke will show that, in order to understand the behavior of the ice sheets, we rely heavily on ever better satellites and computers. Peter Kuipers Munneke PhD is specialized in the interaction between ice, snow and the atmosphere. He undertook field campaigns to Greenland, Antarctica, and Spitsbergen. He is also a weatherman for NOS. In cooperation with Arago, Inter-Actief and Atlantis. Moderator: ir. Peter Timmerman (Studium Generale).
Tuesday 24 November 2020 19:30 - 21:00
- Tue 8 Sep 2020 19:30 - 21:00Eelco Bosch van Rosenthal about elections USA
- Mon 26 Oct 2020 18:30 - 20:30Use your voice with more impact!
- Tue 27 Oct 2020 18:00 - 19:30Nobel lectures
- Tue 3 Nov 2020 19:30 - 21:00Donald Trump isn't crazy
- Tue 10 Nov 2020 19:30 - 21:00Around the world by bicycle