During two years Mart Rozema cycled over 28,500 kilometer through Europe, Asia and Africa to discover the world at a low speed. In India entire villages gathered curiously around him, he got pelted with stones, crossed the Sahara, was permanently escorted by the police in Egypt and found ‘bitterballen’ in Ethiopia. As a low-budget traveler he often camped in the wild or spent the night with locals. Mart Rozema will talk about remarkable cultural differences, the uniqueness of traveling by bicycle and above all about the romance of traveling (or the lack of it).
Tuesday 10 November 2020 19:30 - 21:00
- Tue 8 Sep 2020 19:30 - 21:00Eelco Bosch van Rosenthal about elections USA
- Mon 26 Oct 2020 18:30 - 20:30Use your voice with more impact!
- Tue 27 Oct 2020 18:00 - 19:30Nobel lectures
- Tue 3 Nov 2020 19:30 - 21:00Donald Trump isn't crazy
- Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:30 - 14:00Week of Inspiration: The internet is broken, but we can fix it