To realize the ambitions set in the Paris Climate Accords, it is not enough to lower emission of CO₂. It is also necessary to remove CO₂ that has already been emitted from the atmosphere. To achieve this, so-called Negative Emission Technologies (NETs) are being developed: ways to capture CO₂ from the atmosphere or at the point of emission, both technological and natural, and ways to store it long-term or turn it into usable products.
Five program lines have been defined:
- Smart, low energy CO₂ capture
- Nature & technology integration for NETs
- Mineralisation routes of CO₂
- Policy implications of NETs
- Carbon Harvesting Technologies
Introduction of the Negative Emission Technologies programma in a short movie:
Are you interested in working with us? Contact the programme coordinator for more information.