For general information regarding working and studying at the University of Twente and for specifics of Dutch immigration procedures and the like, please visit at the official information site of the University of Twente. If you want to know more about what it is like to be a PhD student at the UT please read this booklet by the PhD Network University of Twente. For students outside the EU, please have a look at the immigration procedures.
Since PhD students are employed, we can only hire on open positions, of which we have 1 to 3 each year. If you want to apply in general for any upcoming PhD position, please send to our secretary:
- A brief letter of interest and motivation, including the date from which you will be available.
- Curriculum Vitae (listing the time of education/degrees and work experience and any relevant scientific publications).
- If English is not your native language, a document stating a overall band score of 6.5 in an academic IELTS-test (International Language Test) or TOEFL, internet based (TOEFL-iBT) of at least 90.
- The e-mail addresses of two references that we may contact, who are familiar with your academic work and can judge your potential to be a PhD student.
- Copies of exam results (both bachelor and master) and certificates.
- Copies of (up to 5) scientific works, including master thesis.
If there are open vacancies, they will be listed be listed below: