The group SC is open to prospective Ph.D. students who have secured a full scholarship to conduct research on the application of new materials into (CMOS) integrated circuits. Not only Electrical Engineering students, but also (Applied) Physics, Chemistry and Nanotechnology students with an M.Sc. degree are welcome.
We require good proficiency in English. Normally we require a certain minimum score on TOEFL or IELTS tests, which is essential for good cooperation in the research team. Further, we only accept students from highly-ranked universities with proven interest in our research domain. International experience is highly valued but no prerequisite.
Topics of research that we can facilitate in our group include, but are not limited to:
- Semiconductor device physics
- Semiconductor device modelling (TCAD, compact modelling)
- Novel transistor and diode ideas
- GaN, AlGaN, SiGe, Ge, ZnO, InGaAs transistors
- Above-IC technology
- CMOS post-processing
- Chemical Vapour Deposition: experimentation, equipment, modelling
- Atomic Layer Deposition: experimentation, equipment, modelling
- Plasma modelling
- Transport in nanometer-size conductors and semiconductors
- Characterization: Capacitance-Voltage, RF, current-voltage, optical, infrared
We have many plans, but we also welcome your own proposal for a research topic!
To apply, send us your motivation letter, CV, academic transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS score, and evidence of secured scholarship by e-mail to: email@example.com (Mrs. Remke Assink).