This webpage holds a list of available, in progress and completed Master projects at FMT. If you are interested in carrying out a MSc assignment at the FMT group, please contact dr. Tom van Dijk and dr. Arnd Hartmanns, the study advisors of FMT.
If you want to do your MSc Final Project with FMT, you will first prepare the research in the course Research Topics (10 EC). You will need to find a subject (or subject area) and a supervisor. You can have one or more supervisors for the Research Topics course, but at least one must be connected to the UT. You must then register for Research Topics in Canvas and via the Mobility Online application.During your Research Topics, you study the background of the subject and prepare research questions and a detailed planning. Afterwards, you receive a grade for Research Topics and can start your Final Project (30 EC). You must register again for Final Project in Canvas and via the Mobility Online application. For the Final Project, you will need two supervisors and at least one of them must be a member of the FMT group.
- Dennis Aanstoot — Graph Rewriters as Components
- Jan Boerman — Verification of opacity for a transactional memory implementation
- Pieter Bos — Program Verification for Quantum Algorithms
- Han Hollander — Verification of Set-based Strongly-Connected Components algorithms in VerCors
- Ramesh Krishnamurthy — Formal verification of a distributed control software implemented in the ADA programming language through model checking
- Bui Hong Thien Nhat — Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Transform.
- Samarjeet Patil — Automated Vulnerability detection in Java Source Code using Graph Neural Network
- Martijn Renssen — Floating Point Axiomatisation for VerCors
- Antoine Veenstra — Acceleration of Combinatorial testing using GPGPU
- Rick de Vries — Clash of Clangs
Students are invited to choose topics or project proposals offered by members of the FMT Group for their Research Topics and Final Project. If you are interested in a certain general topic or concrete proposal, please do not hesitate to contact the person listed as responsible even if you just want to ask a question and are still deciding.
We are currently migrating our topics and proposals to this website. In the meantime, please consider the lists on both of the following pages: