The course will offer lectures by experts in R&D evaluation, study of case material
in small groups and international exchange of experiences. The aim is to provide:
- introduction and overview of R&D evaluation,
- in-depth discussion of key issues and methods,
- systematic approaches to the design of R&D evaluation,
- insight in the use of R&D evaluation as a strategic policy tool.
- Design of R&D evaluation, selection of methods, in relation to the policy problem and general context.
- Output identification and measurement: methods and problems. Scientific output and technological effects, economic and non-economic effects.
- Policy contexts of evaluation. Implementation of evaluation results and policy use of evaluation.
- Experiences with evaluation. Evaluation of universities; evaluation of institutes; evaluation of R&D programs.
- Development of R&D evaluation and corresponding changes in national and international R&D systems.