The department provides education in the domain of Human Resource Development (HRD) in the Bachelor programme Educational Science and the (Pre-)Master programme Educational Science and Technology (EST). In addition, the department is also active in various modules of the Bachelor programme Psychology.
All our HRD-courses are related to people’s learning and development in a work context. In the field of HRD a mix of disciplines is used to answer questions about employees’ learning and development: Psychology, Educational Science, Business, Human Resource Management, Sociology.
The HRD specialism within the EST-Master has been built around the following ideas: Integration of research, design, advise and reflection skills; a curriculum in which students get increasing responsibility of his or her own development; and a strong link with the HRD practice and professionals.
Core questions in this HRD field are:
- How do people learn during their work?
- How do people become experts?
- How may one facilitate workplace learning and professional development?
- What are effective training programmes and how can they be evaluated?
- How can a company’s learning and knowledge be managed?
- How do organizations change, and how can HRD professionals be instrumental in this process?
- What is the role of new technology and media in learning?